Saturday, March 25, 2017

Can you paint with all the Colors of the Wind?

Welcome back! Your presence has been missed greatly!

Now that I've shown you all Joomag, I have began creating my pages (ahh so exciting)!

With that being said, the initial thing I did was choose a color scheme. Since my issue of Relatable is the breakout of summer, I have chosen the colors of bright orange, a light teal/blue color, and black for the lettering. I used orange because it is associated with joy, sunshine and the tropics; a nice blend of happy yellow and the energetic red. Similarly, I used blue to contrast the orange because the general thought of blue is calmness. However, since the blue I chose is a bright and very light color, it reminded me of the chlorinated swimming pools I used to swim in when I was younger and attended day camp during the summer. The colors are very summery and should allow the viewer to feel as if they have jumped right into the season; grab your beach towels and sunscreen everyone! For more on color psychology, I have provided two additional links at the bottom of the page.

The next step, which I am currently approaching, is coming up with story titles to put on the front cover. At the moment, I have these:





Personally, I am liking the way this looks so far, and I am 95 percent sure that I will do a double page story on summer trends. However, I still need to get my images, especially my front cover image. So, all of this may be subjected to change. If it does, I will post a new cover picture :)



https://www.colorpsychology.org
http://www.arttherapyblog.com/online/color-psychology-psychologica-effects-of-colors/#.WNWS6bG-JE4

No comments:

Post a Comment