Sunday, March 26, 2017

Every story needs a Table or Contents

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night (for whatever time you are reading this),
If you hadn't guessed from the title, today I will be discussing my Table of Contents.

There were some features I immediately wanted to include in the Table of Contents, one of them being my obvious color scheme. A second feature I wanted to include was to have the words 'Table of Contents' in three different fonts, colors, and located in the middle of the page. After this however, I found myself stuck.

As I've disclosed before, I am a newspaper student at my school and I have to layout pages for my newspaper; this should be no different. But it is. In newspaper, we are hand-given the stories that we will have to put on the page, told which style headline the page will need, and given the pictures directly (they need a caption depending on what they are.) For Relatable, I must create my own content; this includes stories and images. That's what makes this so complicated.

So, being stuck as I was, I ventured into the vast internet to try and find some samples that I could use for inspiration.





While I took bits and pieces from these two examples, such as the circles around numbers, I also discovered a website, design school.canva.com,  that featured many different table of contents. The link, along with the links to the pictures, will be provided at the bottom.

For now, my Table of Contents is incomplete, I have yet to take pictures for the pages. However, I have a pretty good idea of what I want now, and it does not include much change to what I am currently producing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment