Friday, March 24, 2017

Just 'Joo' It


Hey bloggers, welcome back. I've missed you all very much.

So, recently, my teacher shared with us students creating magazines for our Foundation Portfolios a website called Joomag. It's this really neat website that allows you to easily create magazine pages. So, not only can I begin putting my edition of Relatable together, but it also allows me to play around with the website and figure out what works best and what doesn't.

Putting a magazine together is part of the reason I choose this option for my foundation portfolio. A fact that I haven't shared with you all yet is that I am a profound staffer for my school's newspaper. As a staffer-- as we call it-- I not only write articles for the newspaper, but I am also tasked with creating and laying out the newspaper pages. Laying out the pages means that I have to drag and drop the written article text that is planned to go on a certain page, add a picture, come up with a headline, and add captions if needed, all while making sure everything is aligned and stylistic. Both this and writing articles for newspaper will aid me greatly because I will have to write my own magazine story to go on the double page spread and I also have to layout a cover page, a table of contents, and the double page spread. It seems like a lot of work, but I enjoy doing these things; in a way it relaxes me.

I am going to leave a link to Joomag at the bottom of the page, and I'm going to provide an image of the Joomag magazine template page since I am aware that Joomag is difficult to get into for free. I'm excited to start putting my work together, and I hope all of you are too!

<3




https://www.joomag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment