Sunday, April 2, 2017

Uptown FONT it up

The title is cheesy, I know, but at least you all know what my topic will be for today... FONTS!!!!

While I had already created some of my pages for my issue of relatable, my group had not. They also informed me that they wished to utilize a font entirely separate from Joomag. In case any of you have forgotten what Joomag is, Joomag is a website that allows users to create and edit their own magazines to the way they see best fit. So, because of this, a font change was in order.

At first, I had no idea where they were going with their fonts, I thought what I had was fine. But then they reminded me that the 'RELATABLE' title must be uniform; I thought they could have just chosen the same one that I had, but that wasn't the case. Thus, one morning in class, my group members and I sat together and scrolled through fonts on a website called Dafont (the link will be at the bottom of the page). It featured several cool and unique fonts that I had never seen before in my life! Together, the three of us choose a font unanimously and went to work on our separate issues.

Downloading the fonts was a little more complicated than I would have liked, but I eventually figured out what to do. The first step was downloading the font. It would then pop up on your screen and say it was downloaded. I know, you're probably all laughing at my "stupidity", but trust me when I say it was more complicated than this. Once it downloaded, for some reason, my laptop forced me to download it twice (I downloaded another font to make sure I was doing it correctly and I had to go through the same double process). Then, and only then, would it pop up as a useable font on my laptop.

Following that step, I had to add the font to my Joomag fonts. This step was relatively easy compared to the first step. All I had to do was click on the font button on Joomag, press the plus sign-- indicating that I wanted to add a font-- and searched for the font in my database. Once finding it, I double clicked it and BAM, it was added to my Joomag fonts.

I would love to stay and chat some more, but I'm off to go photograph my magazine model! Don't miss me too much though, I'll write soon <3

http://www.dafont.com/new.php

No comments:

Post a Comment